Body of Young Mother Found in KCMO
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The body of a 21-year-old Kansas City woman, who was last seen on Sunday, was discovered Tuesday afternoon in a creek.
Essence S. Willoughby was found dead in the area of 38th and Topping before 2 p.m. Tuesday. Willoughby was last seen leaving her home in the 5400 block of Wayne on Sunday.
Willoughby is the mother of two boys – ages one and three. Police say Willoughby’s family reported her missing after the 3-year-old boy told them that his Mom and Dad got into a fight.
The details the child gave, which police are not releasing at this time, caused investigators to become concerned. Police say the child’s information was very helpful in their search for Willoughby.
“The three year old has stated that there was a fight between mommy and daddy. He struck her,” said Terri Harrison, a family friend.
Police say members of Willoughby’s family, along with police, were there when the body was discovered. They would not give any other details about what they found at the crime scene or how she died.
Police do have Willoughby’s 41-year-old boyfriend in custody on other charges. He has not been charged in the Willoughby case.
Anyone with information about the death of Essence Willoughby are asked to call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident