K-State Shreds Alabama-Huntsville 87-26
MANHATTAN, Kan. — The Alabama-Huntsville Chargers were clearly outmatched, and the Kansas State Wildcats cruised to a 87-26 victory on Tuesday night at Bramlage Coliseum.
Kansas State throttled Alabama-Huntsville from tip-off, as the Chargers shot 16.4% from the field, and 9.1% from three-point range. Freshman forward D.J. Johnson’s putback dunk put the Cats up 45-9 with 2:16 to play in the first half.
The Wildcats (3-0, 3-0 home) ran away with the second half, and outrebounded the Chargers 54-22. K-State shot 55.7% from the field, and 47.4% from beyond the arc.
Junior guard Shane Southwell led the Cats with 16 points and nine rebounds. Sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez finished with 10 points and six assists.
K-State takes on North Florida on Sunday afternoon at Bramlage Coliseum.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter