K-State Shreds Alabama-Huntsville 87-26
MANHATTAN, Kan. — The Alabama-Huntsville Chargers were clearly outmatched, and the Kansas State Wildcats cruised to a 87-26 victory on Tuesday night at Bramlage Coliseum.
Kansas State throttled Alabama-Huntsville from tip-off, as the Chargers shot 16.4% from the field, and 9.1% from three-point range. Freshman forward D.J. Johnson’s putback dunk put the Cats up 45-9 with 2:16 to play in the first half.
The Wildcats (3-0, 3-0 home) ran away with the second half, and outrebounded the Chargers 54-22. K-State shot 55.7% from the field, and 47.4% from beyond the arc.
Junior guard Shane Southwell led the Cats with 16 points and nine rebounds. Sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez finished with 10 points and six assists.
K-State takes on North Florida on Sunday afternoon at Bramlage Coliseum.
- Questions remain in deadly house fire that killed two young boys
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom