K-State Shreds Alabama-Huntsville 87-26
MANHATTAN, Kan. — The Alabama-Huntsville Chargers were clearly outmatched, and the Kansas State Wildcats cruised to a 87-26 victory on Tuesday night at Bramlage Coliseum.
Kansas State throttled Alabama-Huntsville from tip-off, as the Chargers shot 16.4% from the field, and 9.1% from three-point range. Freshman forward D.J. Johnson’s putback dunk put the Cats up 45-9 with 2:16 to play in the first half.
The Wildcats (3-0, 3-0 home) ran away with the second half, and outrebounded the Chargers 54-22. K-State shot 55.7% from the field, and 47.4% from beyond the arc.
Junior guard Shane Southwell led the Cats with 16 points and nine rebounds. Sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez finished with 10 points and six assists.
K-State takes on North Florida on Sunday afternoon at Bramlage Coliseum.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too