K-State’s Klein Makes SI Cover
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Kansas State University quarterback Colin Klein has the Wildcats on the verge of both a national championship game appearance and a Heisman Trophy award – and this week he’s also on your local newsstand.
Klein is on the cover of this week’s Sports Illustrated, and the subject of the story, “27 Things You Need to Know About the Best Player on the Nation’s Best Team.”
Klein, who has thrown for 2020 yards and 12 touchdowns against just 3 interceptions to go along with 748 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns on the ground, has moved into the front-runner spot for the Heisman Trophy as the #1-ranked Wildcats (10-0, 7-0 Big 12) contend for a spot in the BCS Championship Game on January 7th in Miami.
Kansas State will take on Baylor (4-5, 1-5 Big 12) in Waco at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday night. The game will be nationally-televised on ESPN.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet