K-State’s Klein Makes SI Cover
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Kansas State University quarterback Colin Klein has the Wildcats on the verge of both a national championship game appearance and a Heisman Trophy award – and this week he’s also on your local newsstand.
Klein is on the cover of this week’s Sports Illustrated, and the subject of the story, “27 Things You Need to Know About the Best Player on the Nation’s Best Team.”
Klein, who has thrown for 2020 yards and 12 touchdowns against just 3 interceptions to go along with 748 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns on the ground, has moved into the front-runner spot for the Heisman Trophy as the #1-ranked Wildcats (10-0, 7-0 Big 12) contend for a spot in the BCS Championship Game on January 7th in Miami.
Kansas State will take on Baylor (4-5, 1-5 Big 12) in Waco at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday night. The game will be nationally-televised on ESPN.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins