KANSAS CITY, Mo. — An 80-year-old man became the victim of an overnight house fire in Kansas City, Mo. The fire was reported around 2 a.m. at a home in the 7100 block of E. 100th Terrace.
Firefighters said the unidentified man was located in the back bedroom of the home. It’s unclear what started the fire.
Firefighters said the home did not have any working smoke detectors. They urge the public to check their homes for working smoke alarms. They say if anyone has questions or needs help installing one to call the fire department.