No. 14 Mizzou Rips Alcorn St 91-54
COLUMBIA, Mo. — The 14th-ranked Missouri Tigers added another blowout to the win column on Tuesday night, hammering the Alcorn State Braves 91-54 at Mizzou Arena.
Alcorn State (1-1, 0-1 away) jumped out to a 6-3 lead, but it wouldn’t last long.
Missouri (2-0, 2-0 home) went up 8-6 on a three-pointer by Negus Webster-Chan with 13:24 to play in the first half. It was a lead they wouldn’t relinquish. Junior guard Phil Pressey’s three-pointer before the half gave the Tigers a 30-23 lead at the break.
In the second half, things got ugly in a hurry. Mizzou went on a 15-3 run, and kept their foot on the gas. The Tigers were led by a balanced scoring attack, as four different players scored in double digits, and two players posted double-doubles.
Pressey led all scorers with 21 points. Junior guard Earnest Ross had 17 points and 10 rebounds. Senior guard Alex Oriakhi finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Missouri outrebounded Alcorn State 54-33.
The Tigers host Nicholls State on Friday night at Mizzou Arena.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire