Northland Standoff Ends with One Man Arrested
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City, Missouri, police arrested a man Tuesday morning after he barricaded himself in a home with a weapon.
Officers received a call around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday about a disturbance at a house in the NE 4100 block of North Mersington. When they arrived, a woman told them she had been assaulted. The suspect inside the house refused to come out, and when officers realized he was armed with a weapon, they backed away.
Dozens of officers gathered at a command post at the Winnwood Skate Center near N. Chouteau and I-35. At around 5:30 a.m., two armored tanks carrying SWAT team members drove to the scene. Officers arrested the suspect shortly after that. Police have not released his name but said he will face charges for the incident.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering