Networking Tips from Kauffman’s FastTrac Program
Alana Muller, President of Kauffman FastTrac Program shares tips on becoming a successful entrepreneur in honor of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Networking is about connecting with others, establishing community and deepening your sense of belonging. The best networkers do so for long-term, mutual benefit without pre-set expectations. Set a goal and hold yourself accountable for connecting with a minimum number of contacts each week.
On Wednesday, there is an event called, Connect @ Coffee Girl’s, at Coffee Girl’s Café, located at 7440 Washington in Kansas City, Mo., from 3-5 p.m.
All Kansas City area entrepreneurs are invited to meet up “cash mob-style” to celebrate GEW 2012, network with peers, and support a local small business. Lindsey Patterson, current FastTrac® GrowthVenture™ participant and owner of Coffee Girl’s Café, will open her doors to the local FastTrac network and the Greater Kansas City entrepreneurial community. The afternoon’s menu will include a heaping helping of networking, door prizes, and a Coffee Girl’s “Special of the Day.”
- "Listen, listen, listen, Linda!" Toddler argues with mom over cupcakes
- Kevin Bacon explains the 1980s to millennials
- Excelsior Springs restaurant gets worldwide attention from Travel Channel
- Father, son found dead in Missouri state park
- Men flying with stolen passports on Malaysian flight identified