Lockdown at Liberty Schools Because of Possible Armed Man
LIBERTY, Mo. — Four schools and the Liberty School District Administration Center went into lockdown mode Thursday morning after someone reported seeing a suspicious male near the property of Liberty High School.
The witness reported that the male was dressed in dark clothing and was carrying a weapon. Authorities were immediately called in and the four schools, Liberty High, Liberty Academy, Alexander Doniphan Elementary, and Liberty Middle School, went into a Level 1 lockdown.
A lockdown means all exterior doors were locked while normal building activities continued inside the building as normal.
Police say they searched the area thoroughly and didn’t find anyone or anything suspicious. Still, the Liberty School District decided to remain on heightened alert for the remainder of the day.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet