Lockdown at Liberty Schools Because of Possible Armed Man
LIBERTY, Mo. — Four schools and the Liberty School District Administration Center went into lockdown mode Thursday morning after someone reported seeing a suspicious male near the property of Liberty High School.
The witness reported that the male was dressed in dark clothing and was carrying a weapon. Authorities were immediately called in and the four schools, Liberty High, Liberty Academy, Alexander Doniphan Elementary, and Liberty Middle School, went into a Level 1 lockdown.
A lockdown means all exterior doors were locked while normal building activities continued inside the building as normal.
Police say they searched the area thoroughly and didn’t find anyone or anything suspicious. Still, the Liberty School District decided to remain on heightened alert for the remainder of the day.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering