Police: Brother Kills Brother, Then Himself
MISSION, Kan. — Two brothers are dead following a violent morning in the metro. Mission police said a man shot and killed his younger brother in a business parking lot in Mission, Kan., then drove to Kansas City, Mo., where he took his own life.
Police said around 7:15 a.m., Robert Pruitt, 58, shot Todd A. Pruitt, 51, multiple times in the parking lot of 5799 Broadmoor. Todd Pruitt worked as a senior applications analyst for the University of Kansas Hospital, which had an office at that location for the.
Witnesses told police there was an argument between the men prior to the shooting.
Following the assault, police said Robert Pruitt drove to another family member’s residence and threatened them. Once police responded to the disturbance at that location, they searched the area near Blue River and discovered Robert Pruitt dead in a wooded area near 107th and Blue River Road.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet