Firefighters Come to Aid of Fellow Firefighter Battling Cancer
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Firefighters in the Kansas City Missouri Fire Department are raising money for one of their own.
Fire Captain Jerry Bayton was diagnosed with cancer in June. He’s too ill to work and struggling to pay bills. His fellow firefighters will hold a party and auction from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, November 17 at the IAFF Local 42 Union Hall, 6320 Manchester Avenue.
They’ll offer auction items, raffles, food, drinks, as well as inflatable rides, face painting, balloons and a Karaoke contest for children. All money raised goes to pay Captain Bayton’s medical and living expenses.
You can make a donation at any U.S. Bank location to the Jerry Bayton fund, or call firefighter Mark Gunter at 816-786-0554.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'