No. 14 Mizzou Cruises to 74-54 Win Over Nicholls St
COLUMBIA, Mo. — The 14th-ranked Missouri Tigers won in another landslide on Friday night, thumping the Nicholls State Colonels 74-54 at Mizzou Arena.
Missouri (3-0, 3-0 home) jumped out to a 9-3 lead, and maintained control throughout the first half. Junior guard Earnest Ross led the Tigers with a trio of first half three-pointers.
Nicholls State (0-2, 0-2 away) won the turnover battle in the first half, and it helped keep them within shouting distance at halftime. Mizzou led 32-25 at the break.
In the second half, it was all Mizzou. A thunderous putback dunk by senior forward Alex Oriakhi gave the Tigers a 40-29 lead with 17:16 to play in the second half. It was part of a 19-5 run that put the Tigers up 54-32 with 13:30 to play.
Oriakhi led the Tigers in scoring and turned in a double-double, finishing with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Ross had 16 points and five rebounds. Senior guard Keion Bell finished with 13 points and four steals.
Next up, the Tigers travel to the Bahamas for a Thanksgiving showdown with the Stanford Cardinals.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago