Opiefest 2012 to Help Search for Missing UMKC Student
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Jesse Ross was last seen in 2006 at a Model UN conference in Chicago. According to police he was last seen leaving the Sheraton Hotel and Towers at 2:30AM. His family and friends still have no information and dozens of unanswered question.
“It’s a complete mystery , he just walked out of a meeting he was attending, walked out those doors and was never seen again,” said Jesse’s father Donald Ross.
Donald Ross has not given up and continues to stay in contact with police in Chicago.
“I sent letters and petitions to the mayor’s office and to the police, and they have reassigned his case to a new detective,” said Ross
His friends called him Opie and tonight the gathering of remembrance and healing continues. Bryce Veazey was close friends with Jesse and is a big part of Opiefest.
“Jesse was not the kind of guy that would do something like just walk off in the night,” said Veazey. “He was a loyal friend, a loyal son, he had some much he was excited for in this life at the time when he went missing.”
Jesse was a sophomore student at UMKC studying communications.
Opiefest 2012 will feature a Jannel Rap, a missing persons advocate from California.There will also be music and a raffle drawing. It runs from 6PM to 10PM at the St. Regis Church.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter