Scores of Jackson County Kids Get New Homes on National Adoption Day
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — Over 40 children have permanent new families on Friday, as their adoptions were finalized in a Jackson County courtroom as part of National Adoption Day.
Officials say that perceived social and economic barriers to adoption are eroding, and an increasingly diverse number of families are choosing to adopt.
FOX 4′s John Pepitone is Working for You with the report.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet