Scores of Jackson County Kids Get New Homes on National Adoption Day
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — Over 40 children have permanent new families on Friday, as their adoptions were finalized in a Jackson County courtroom as part of National Adoption Day.
Officials say that perceived social and economic barriers to adoption are eroding, and an increasingly diverse number of families are choosing to adopt.
FOX 4′s John Pepitone is Working for You with the report.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident