Two Dead, Two Missing in Oil Rig Explosion
NEW ORLEANS — An oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico caught fire after an explosion Friday, leaving at least two workers dead and two others missing, according to the Associated Press.
The rig is located about 25 miles southeast of Grand Isle, La., and is owned by Black Elk Energy.
The AP reports that unlike the Deepwater Horizon, the rig is a production platform and not an exploratory well in mile-deep water.
This is a developing story.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong