Two Dead, Two Missing in Oil Rig Explosion
NEW ORLEANS — An oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico caught fire after an explosion Friday, leaving at least two workers dead and two others missing, according to the Associated Press.
The rig is located about 25 miles southeast of Grand Isle, La., and is owned by Black Elk Energy.
The AP reports that unlike the Deepwater Horizon, the rig is a production platform and not an exploratory well in mile-deep water.
This is a developing story.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet