Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato Mash
Serves 6 (about 2/3 cup each)
All you need:
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
All you do
- Place potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until very tender when pierced with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, then mash them in the pot to the desired consistency. Place milk and butter in a small bowl and microwave on HIGH until the butter is mostly melted and the milk is warm, 30 to 40 seconds. (Alternatively, place in a small saucepan and heat over medium until the milk is warm.) Stir the milk mixture, sugar, salt and pepper into the mashed potatoes until combined.
Nutrition facts per serving: 151 calories; 4g fat (3g sat, 0g mono); 11mg cholesterol; 26g carbohydrate; 1g added sugars; 3g protein; 3g fiber; 321mg sodium; 369mg potassium. Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (190% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv). Carbohydrate servings: 2
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (190% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv).
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong