Girl Critically Injured in Gruesome Impalement
SALT LAKE CITY — A young Utah girl is fighting for her life Monday after a gruesome weekend accident sent her to the hospital.
According to FOX 13 in Salt Lake City, on Saturday, 11-year-old Nikki Clark was walking up a flight of stairs in her family’s home while carrying a rod used on window blinds.
According to a family spokesman, Clark slipped and fell, landing on the rod. The family said the rod went through her chest, and when she pulled it out, the injury got worse.
Nikki underwent emergency surgery on Saturday, and remains on life support as of Monday morning.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370