Girl Critically Injured in Gruesome Impalement
SALT LAKE CITY — A young Utah girl is fighting for her life Monday after a gruesome weekend accident sent her to the hospital.
According to FOX 13 in Salt Lake City, on Saturday, 11-year-old Nikki Clark was walking up a flight of stairs in her family’s home while carrying a rod used on window blinds.
According to a family spokesman, Clark slipped and fell, landing on the rod. The family said the rod went through her chest, and when she pulled it out, the injury got worse.
Nikki underwent emergency surgery on Saturday, and remains on life support as of Monday morning.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter