Metro Man Slams Chiefs One Last Time in Obit
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs have been a major disappointment this season – and for one metro man, the disappointment may have been a bit too much to bear.
Loren G. “Sam” Lickteig, 81, died last week of complications from multiple sclerosis and, if his obituary is to be believed, the Chiefs’ awful 1-9 record.
“Loren G. “Sam” Lickteig passed away on Nov. 14, 2012 of complications from MS and heartbreaking disappointment caused by the Kansas City Chiefs football team,” read his obituary, which ran in the Kansas City Star over the weekend.
Licktieg, a USAF veteran and a long-time volunteer for the City of Grandview, didn’t miss much football-wise this past weekend as the Chiefs were trounced at Arrowhead Stadium yet again on Sunday, losing this time to the Cincinnati Bengals 28-6.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet