Woman Charged in East Side Homicide
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Jackson County prosecutors have charged a Kansas City, Missouri, woman with homicide in the shooting death of a man in a homicide on the city’s East Side earlier this month.
Tyree Patterson-Terrill, 26, was charged with second-degree murder and armed criminal action in connection to the November 4th shooting death of Anthony Medellin in a home in the 4300 block of Northern Avenue.
According to court records, atterson-Terrill told police at the scene that the victim had busted open the bathroom door and hit her and burned her face with a cigarette. She said she later locked the bathroom and the victim busted open the bathroom door and came toward her when she said she fired one shot at him.
Prosecutors say that Patterson-Terrill requested medical attention, but medical personnel told police she made no complaints of pain or injury other than stomach pain.
Prosecutors have requested a $150,000 or 10 percent bond for Patterson-Terrill, who is currently in custody in the Jackson County Jail.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss