Shootout at KC Apartment Complex Injures Four
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Gunfire broke out at the Royal Ridge apartment complex in the area of 72nd and State Avenue Tuesday afternoon. Police said the shooting occurred in the laundry room and that three people were injured and taken to the hospital — but not at first.
When police arrived at the scene where someone reported shots fired, they saw a man — with a gun in his waistband — running away. Police detained him pending further investigation.
Police said they then learned of two shooting victims where were dropped off at a Pizza Hut in the area of 77th & Parallel Parkway and determined they were the victims from the shooting at the apartment complex. They were transported to the hospital — one with non-life threatening injuries, the other in critical condition.
As the investigation continued police received information from a Missouri hospital and another Kansas hospital that a gunshot victim had come into each hospital. It has been confirmed that their injuries were sustained in connection with the same shooting.
Police have confirmed four gunshot victims and one person of interest in custody.
The Kansas City, Kansas Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Bureau is encouraging anyone with additional information regarding the incident to please call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet