Police: KCK Rapist Makes Getaway on Bicycle
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Police said a woman was raped Tuesday morning after she agreed to help a stranger who asked to use her phone.
Police said around 7:30 a.m. in the 7200 block of Leavenworth Road, a man told the victim his car broke down and asked to use her phone. Once inside, the man sexually assaulted the woman.
“It’s very scary,” said Sarah Updike who lives in the neighborhood. “We have kids in the area, and it’s sad because she was just trying to help somebody. She thought that this man legitimately needed help. You can’t even help anybody anymore.”
Police said the man wore a unique black and white jacket with ‘Kansas City’ imprinted all over it. He also wore a black baseball cap and black pants. He is described as a white man, 5’7″, medium build, with a “chin strap” beard.
Police said he left the area on a BMX style bicycle.
Anyone with information about this suspect or the rape, please call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor