Royals Sign RHP Jeremy Guthrie to 3 Year, $25M Deal
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The perpetually-pitching poor Kansas City Royals took a step towards solidifying their starting rotation, as they signed Jeremy Guthrie to a $25 million, three-year deal, the team announced on Tuesday.
Guthrie, 33, aquired in a mid-season trade with the Colorado Rockies, went 5-3 with a 3.16 ERA in 14 starts for the Royals after starting the season with a 3-9 mark with a 6.35 ERA for the Rockies.
The right-hander finished the season with a 4-0 record and a 2.17 ERA over his last 11 starts.
Guthrie joins Ervin Santana, aquired via trade with the Angels, and Chris Vostad, aquired off waivers from the Cubs, on the retooled Royals starting rotation which ranked 26th in the majors with a 5.01 ERA in 2012 as the team finished a disappointing 72-90 record.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'