Royals Sign RHP Jeremy Guthrie to 3 Year, $25M Deal
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The perpetually-pitching poor Kansas City Royals took a step towards solidifying their starting rotation, as they signed Jeremy Guthrie to a $25 million, three-year deal, the team announced on Tuesday.
Guthrie, 33, aquired in a mid-season trade with the Colorado Rockies, went 5-3 with a 3.16 ERA in 14 starts for the Royals after starting the season with a 3-9 mark with a 6.35 ERA for the Rockies.
The right-hander finished the season with a 4-0 record and a 2.17 ERA over his last 11 starts.
Guthrie joins Ervin Santana, aquired via trade with the Angels, and Chris Vostad, aquired off waivers from the Cubs, on the retooled Royals starting rotation which ranked 26th in the majors with a 5.01 ERA in 2012 as the team finished a disappointing 72-90 record.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too