Thanksgiving Day is Family History Day
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Thanksgiving Day is also Family History Day. The U.S. Surgeon General encourages you to find out what illnesses your loved ones have had because that can help you and your doctor determine what health problems you or other loved ones will have.
Lenna Levitch, a genetics counselor at Research Medical Center, says it’s most important to know the health history of your parents and siblings, but you should also know about your aunts and uncles, grandparents, great aunts and uncles and even cousins.
An online tool called My Family Health Portrait can help you record your family health history. Click here for more information.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering