Thanksgiving Day is Family History Day
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Thanksgiving Day is also Family History Day. The U.S. Surgeon General encourages you to find out what illnesses your loved ones have had because that can help you and your doctor determine what health problems you or other loved ones will have.
Lenna Levitch, a genetics counselor at Research Medical Center, says it’s most important to know the health history of your parents and siblings, but you should also know about your aunts and uncles, grandparents, great aunts and uncles and even cousins.
An online tool called My Family Health Portrait can help you record your family health history. Click here for more information.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'