Car Smashes Through Front Door of Grandview Home
GRANDVIEW, Mo. — A Grandview family is spending their Thanksgiving cleaning up after getting an unwanted house guest at their front door.
According to witnesses, a car went out of control and slammed into the front door of the home on 150th Terrace in Grandview on Wednesday night, narrowly missing the family inside. Police say that the driver, whose name has not been released, was involved in an argument and was driving too fast when she lost control of the vehicle.
Neighbor Eric Burch says that the collision sounded like dump truck with the tailgate slamming shut.
“That’s how loud it was, and how much force,” said Burch.
Another neighbor, Tracy Wilson, says that the family inside the home all came out in shock.
“They all started coming out. They were all yelling, ‘Dial 9-1-1,’” said Wilson. “They were all in such shock, they couldn’t even tell us what happened.”
There were no injuries in this crash, but residents in the neighborhood say that this wasn’t the first time a car has gone out of control.
“There is a stop sign down here, but cars go pretty fast up and down this street,” said Wilson.
Police say that they are still investigating the crash. The driver has not yet been charged with any crime in connection to the incident.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair