More Charges Filed in Independence Triple Homicide
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Two more people – a Kansas City, Kansas, man and an Independence woman – have been charged in connection to a triple homicide in an Independence home late last week.
Jackson County prosecutors announced on Thursday that Raul Soto, 22, and Bobbi Jo Phillips, 37, each face nine felony counts including three counts of first-degree murder, assault and four counts of armed criminal action in connection to the murder of three people in the early-morning hours last Friday.
Two others, Antonio Cervantes III, 32, and Kevin M. Finley, 33, were charged in the triple homicide on Wednesday.
Maria Hernandez, 48m her son, Antonio Hernandez, 19, and Tomas Dominguez were shot and killed in the home in the 1500 block of South Pope. A fourth victim, identified as a 16-year-old male, was critically injured in the shooting.
Authorities say that the shooting was part of a home-invasion robbery involving drugs, and that the suspects all knew the victims.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering