Man Takes Home Black Friday Bargains, Leaves Toddler Behind
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — In his quest to find Black Friday bargains, a Springfield, Mass., man left his girlfriend’s two-year-old son behind in the car.
Authorities said Anthony Perry, 34, went to K-Mart to purchase a 51-inch flat-screen television and apparently left the boy in his car. Around 1:30 a.m. on Friday, store security found the boy sleeping and alerted police. Officers forced their way into the car and took the boy to the hospital as a precaution.
Authorities later tracked down Perry at his home. He told police he was baby sitting for his girlfriend and lost track of the boy while shopping. He said he panicked and called someone else for a ride home. WWLP reported that Perry did not alert police that the child was missing.
Perry was not immediately arrested, but police expect to charge him with reckless endangerment to a child.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'