Oklahoma Joe’s Dubbed Manliest Restaurant in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City is famous for its barbeque. But did you know it’s now home to the manliest restaurant in America — and it just happens to be a barbecue joint?
Oklahoma Joe’s recently won the title awarded by Men’s Health magazine.
“Meat and fire man! That’s what it is!” said Doug Worgul of Oklahoma Joe’s.
So what’s is the recipe for restaurant manliness?
“I think it’s a meatcentric menu and people associate that with masculine men and we use fire to make our food, which is a macho thing as well,” Worgul said.
Men’s Health magazine put it on paper, then the Travel Channel put it on television for a national audience the other night. The result: all three Oklahoma Joe’s locations are packed.
“We didn’t get a trophy or window sticker for it, but people are learning about it and we posted it on Facebook,” Worgul said. “Word is getting around. We are tickled, couldn’t be happier.”
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom