Panettone Ripieno Recipe
- 4 beaten egg yolks
- ½ c sugar
- ½ grated orange
- ¼ C. Grand Marnier
- 1 beaten stiff egg white
- 1 lb Panettone
Beat the egg yolks, sugar and orange rind in the top of a double boiler until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in the cream. Place over gently simmering water and cook until the mixture is thickened, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat and add the Grand Marnier. Beat the egg white until stiff and fold into the custard. Transfer to an ice cream marker and churn until frozen. (If you are not using the ice cream right away, store in the freezer until shortly before serving time.)
Cut a cap from the top of the Panettone and scoop out most of the inside. Fill with the ice cream. Put the cap back on and place in the freezer for 24 hours. To serve, cut in wedges and drizzle with chocolate or carmel sauce.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Where is Malaysia Airlines Flight 370? Traces of oil seen in area of last contact