Recipe: Turkey Cakes
Chef Bobby Stearns from Ophelia’s Restaurant & Inn is here with a Thanksgiving day leftover idea.
- 2 cups pulled turkey (small pieces)
- 2 cups leftover fully cooked Stuffing
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup Mayo
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1 Tsp. pepper
Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl, mix together with hands until well blended. Mix should be a little wet but still dry enough to form small patties. With 2 ounce scoop, scoop cake mix and form small patties. Heat medium sauté pan with one tbs. vegetable oil until pan is hot. Place cakes in pan and cook about 4 mins on each side or until golden brown. Finish with small drop of leftover cranberry sauce on top of cakes for a nice sweet touch to go with the savory cakes.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet