Oak Grove Teen Dies in Head-on Collision
OAK GROVE, Mo. — An Oak Grove, Mo., teenager died Friday following a head-on collision. The accident happened around 3:45 p.m. on Nov. 23, on Mecklin School Road north of Truman Road.
One of the drivers, a 46-year-old man from Buckner, Mo., told police we was traveling northbound on Mecklin School Road. He said when he began to crest a hill, he noticed a red Pontiac Grand Am in his lane. The man attempted to avoid the collision, but was unsuccessful.
Emergency workers said the driver of the Grand Am, 17-year-old Joseph Scott, died at the scene. The Buckner man was evaluated at a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Both were believed to be wearing their seatbelts.
The Sheriff’s Office requested the assistance of an accident reconstructionist from Independence Missouri Police Department to determine the exact cause of the crash. Their findings have not yet been released.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident