Man Charged with Ramming Police Vehicle
LENEXA, Kan. — A Shawnee man is in custody after he allegedly tried to ram a police car with his vehicle following a traffic stop early Sunday morning.
Channing Milligan, 24, had been charged with aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer with a vehicle, DUI, and other traffic violations in connection to the early-morning incident.
According to authorities, Milligan struck the Lenexa Police vehicle with his vehicle following a traffic stop around 1:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. He then led police on a chase that ended in Olathe, where he was taken into custody after police used tire-deflation devices to stop his vehicle.
Milligan is in custody in the Johnson County Adult Detention Center pending an arraignment hearing.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss