A Little Intense Exercise Burns Holiday Calories
BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. — Think you don’t have the time to work out and burn off those calories from holiday eating? A little intense exercise could be your best holiday helper.
Researchers found people can burn an extra 200 calories a day by getting in a total of two and a half minutes of hard exercise during a 25-minute workout. People in the study alternated between 30 seconds of high intensity activity and four minutes of lighter intensity.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean says exercise experts find many people are reluctant to do these bursts of intense exercise, but maybe you shouldn’t be.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor