A Little Intense Exercise Burns Holiday Calories
BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. — Think you don’t have the time to work out and burn off those calories from holiday eating? A little intense exercise could be your best holiday helper.
Researchers found people can burn an extra 200 calories a day by getting in a total of two and a half minutes of hard exercise during a 25-minute workout. People in the study alternated between 30 seconds of high intensity activity and four minutes of lighter intensity.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean says exercise experts find many people are reluctant to do these bursts of intense exercise, but maybe you shouldn’t be.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter