A Little Intense Exercise Burns Holiday Calories
BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. — Think you don’t have the time to work out and burn off those calories from holiday eating? A little intense exercise could be your best holiday helper.
Researchers found people can burn an extra 200 calories a day by getting in a total of two and a half minutes of hard exercise during a 25-minute workout. People in the study alternated between 30 seconds of high intensity activity and four minutes of lighter intensity.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean says exercise experts find many people are reluctant to do these bursts of intense exercise, but maybe you shouldn’t be.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Woman charged after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370