Report: Pinkel Coming Back to Mizzou in 2013
COLUMBIA, Mo. — University of Missouri head football coach Gary Pinkel will be back in 2013 despite leading the Tigers to their first losing season since 2004.
According to the Columbia Tribune, Mizzou athletic director says that he has no doubts that Pinkel will return and that he will not suggest any changes to Pinkel’s coaching staff.
“I don’t ever do that,” Alden told the Tribune. “My thing is you want to empower your head coaches to do what they do, to run their programs the way that’s consistent with our core values. Gary does a great job with that.”
The Tigers concluded their season with a 59-29 loss to Texas A&M, leaving them at 5-7 in their first season as members of the SEC. Pinkel, who has a 90-61 record in twelve years in Columbia, had led Mizzou to seven straight bowl trips heading into this season.
Mizzou has scheduled a press conference for Tuesday morning to discuss the 2012 season and to look ahead to next year, the school said on Monday.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet