Facebook Deletes Photo After Mistaking Woman’s Elbows for Breasts
Facebook has apologized to one of its users after removing a photo it deemed was inappropriate.
The photo was of a woman in a bathtub with her elbows propped on the edge. Facebook mistook the woman’s pointed elbows as nipples and removed the photo.
The picture was uploaded by the web magazine, Theories of the Deep Understanding of Things. They posted the picture to test how Facebook handles photos that are misleading. According to the Daily Mail it posed the question whether Facebook’s policies are based on indecency or the mere appearance of indecency.
Theories of the Deep wrote — in part — on its wall, “FB moderators can’t tell an elbow from a dangerous, filthy, uncanny and violent female breast.”
After Facebook realized its mistake, it restored the photo and, according to Gawker, apologized to the page admin.
Want to see real boobs, check out our KU Boob photo gallery. You can even upload your own, as long as your fully clothed!
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store