Police Investigate Body Found at Northland Park
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Missouri Police are investigating a suspicious death Thursday afternoon in Platte County.
Police say that a couple walking through Platte Purchase Park near NW 100th Street and North Platte Purchase Drive found the body of a woman, approximately 30 years old, was found in a wooded area around 2:00 p.m. on Thursday afternoon.
Investigators say that the body was found near the park’s northern boundary. According to police, the body didn’t have any obvious signs of trauma.
There is no word yet on the identity of the woman, if she was the victim of a homicide or even how long she had been in the park.
“We’re thinking she’s been here a couple of days, but we don’t know exactly,” said Officer Darrin Snapp of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department.
Anyone with information in the case is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'