Christmas Peppermint Bark Recipe
Christi Jones from Russell Stover featured some fun Christmas Peppermint Bark you can try at home. This can be a great family treat or gift.
1.5 lb. white chocolate
1.5 lb. dark chocolate
4 oz. crushed peppermint starlight candies
scant ¼ tsp. peppermint oil
1. Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Use a spatula to evenly spread the melted dark chocolate out on 3 non-stick sheet pans or sheet pan lined with parchment paper (approximately ½ lb. per pan) until extremely thin, approximately 1/8 inch.
3. Top dark chocolate with half of the peppermint chips.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
5. Place the white chocolate into a large bowl. Add mint oil and stir thoroughly.
6. Use a spatula to spread the minted white chocolate out over the dark chocolate in a thin layer (approximately ½ lb. per pan). Final thickness of both layers should be no more than 1/4 inch.
7. Top bark with remaining peppermint chips.
8. Allow bark to cool and harden.
9. Break up in 3 to 4 inch pieces.
Store bark at room temperature in an airtight container.
Here is a link to the Kansas City Area Russell Stover Candies Stores. http://www.russellstover.com/storelocator/storelocatormain.jsp?&city=156
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet