Deputies Investigate Fatal Shooting of Cass County Businessman
HARRISONVILLE, Mo. — Authorities say that they have a person of interest in the fatal shooting of a Cass County man outside of his business on Thursday night.
Eldon “Rocky” Campbell, Jr., 60, was found in a patch of grass along an outer road near U.S. 71 and Missouri 7 highways just south of Harrisonville, just about 100 yards from the front door of Campbell Protection, the business he owned with his estranged wife, Billie Campbell.
The business specialized in fire sprinkler services and alarm systems. According to court records, the Campbell’s were in the middle of a divorce, and both had protection orders against each other.
“He was sleeping in the camper at the business,” said neighboring business owner Steve Jones.
Billie Campbell’s divorce attorney, James Thompson Jr., said that his cliet was also ordered to stay away from the family business.
Cass County Sheriff’s deputies would not name a suspect in the murder, but investigators on Friday served a search warrant at Billie Campbell’s house. Deputies will only say a person of interest was transported to the hospital shortly after the shooting and remains in the hospital under police guard.
Authorities say that charges are expected on Saturday.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet