KCK Man Shot During Home Invasion Robbery
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A man was shot Friday afternoon during a possible home invasion robbery.
Police say the victim, identified only as a man in his 70′s, was shot twice in the abdomen near 99th Street and Leavenworth Road in Kansas City, Kan. He was taken by ambulance to an area hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
According to authorities, two men knocked on the homeowner’s door, and then shot the man when he answered the door.
Neighbors tell FOX 4 that they had heard that the two men pretended to be utility workers to get into the victim’s home. Police confirm that the two suspects were wearing construction helmets. There is no further description of the suspects available.
Police say that they are treating the case as a home-invasion robbery.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet