KCK Man Shot During Home Invasion Robbery
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A man was shot Friday afternoon during a possible home invasion robbery.
Police say the victim, identified only as a man in his 70′s, was shot twice in the abdomen near 99th Street and Leavenworth Road in Kansas City, Kan. He was taken by ambulance to an area hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
According to authorities, two men knocked on the homeowner’s door, and then shot the man when he answered the door.
Neighbors tell FOX 4 that they had heard that the two men pretended to be utility workers to get into the victim’s home. Police confirm that the two suspects were wearing construction helmets. There is no further description of the suspects available.
Police say that they are treating the case as a home-invasion robbery.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering