No Room In the Womb: Video Catches Twins Fighting for Space
LONDON — As any parent knows, sibling rivalries can get intense – particularly between twins. But new research shows that rivalry may actually start even before births.
According to Reuters, researchers at London’s Center for Fetal Care have captured what appears to be two fetuses in the womb pushing and shoving each other in an apparent attempt to make more room.
The researchers are studying the use of specialized MRI machines in the diagnosis of a potentially deadly condition known as twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome – a condition in which blood moves from one fetus to another, raising the potential for a hemorrhage or stroke in one or both fetuses.
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Police confirm body found in Lawrence belongs to missing student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers