No Room In the Womb: Video Catches Twins Fighting for Space
LONDON — As any parent knows, sibling rivalries can get intense – particularly between twins. But new research shows that rivalry may actually start even before births.
According to Reuters, researchers at London’s Center for Fetal Care have captured what appears to be two fetuses in the womb pushing and shoving each other in an apparent attempt to make more room.
The researchers are studying the use of specialized MRI machines in the diagnosis of a potentially deadly condition known as twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome – a condition in which blood moves from one fetus to another, raising the potential for a hemorrhage or stroke in one or both fetuses.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet