No Room In the Womb: Video Catches Twins Fighting for Space
LONDON — As any parent knows, sibling rivalries can get intense – particularly between twins. But new research shows that rivalry may actually start even before births.
According to Reuters, researchers at London’s Center for Fetal Care have captured what appears to be two fetuses in the womb pushing and shoving each other in an apparent attempt to make more room.
The researchers are studying the use of specialized MRI machines in the diagnosis of a potentially deadly condition known as twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome – a condition in which blood moves from one fetus to another, raising the potential for a hemorrhage or stroke in one or both fetuses.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"