Chiefs Fans Gather at Arrowhead
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – There was a strange mix of somber and pleasure at Arrowhead Stadium Sunday morning. Fans were enjoying the beautiful day in the shadow of Saturday’s murder suicide.
“I decided the right thing to do was leave it up to Coach Crennel and the team,” said Clark Hunt in an interview with FOX Sports.
Hunt said many on the team, especially in the linebacker group, were especially close to Belcher and girlfriend Kasandra Perkins.
“Today we have guys here trying to focus on the task at hand,” Hunt said.
The Chiefs will reportedly call for a moment of silence for all victims of domestic violence during Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers.
I used to ask Jovan "what's it gonna be today?" on every game day for 4 years. I'll miss that today. Good teammate, better friend.—
Andy Studebaker (@studie32) December 02, 2012
Sitting in press box at Arrowhead. Feels wrong to be here, for any of us to be here. Wish they'd pushed it off a day. RIP Kasandra Perkins.—
Bill Reiter (@foxsportsreiter) December 02, 2012
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering