Chiefs Fans Gather at Arrowhead
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – There was a strange mix of somber and pleasure at Arrowhead Stadium Sunday morning. Fans were enjoying the beautiful day in the shadow of Saturday’s murder suicide.
“I decided the right thing to do was leave it up to Coach Crennel and the team,” said Clark Hunt in an interview with FOX Sports.
Hunt said many on the team, especially in the linebacker group, were especially close to Belcher and girlfriend Kasandra Perkins.
“Today we have guys here trying to focus on the task at hand,” Hunt said.
The Chiefs will reportedly call for a moment of silence for all victims of domestic violence during Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers.
I used to ask Jovan "what's it gonna be today?" on every game day for 4 years. I'll miss that today. Good teammate, better friend.—
Andy Studebaker (@studie32) December 02, 2012
Sitting in press box at Arrowhead. Feels wrong to be here, for any of us to be here. Wish they'd pushed it off a day. RIP Kasandra Perkins.—
Bill Reiter (@foxsportsreiter) December 02, 2012
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet