Church Launches 15-Day Diaper Drive
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Members of Oak Grove Assembly Church launched a diaper drive to help the residents of Water Stone Apartments in Kansas City, Kan.
“We met the people that work there and we found out they do more than manage property,” said Mike Griffin. “They reach out to their people and they give them a hand up, not a hand out — really amazing process there.”
The apartment complex is focused on residents helping residents, and everyone benefits.
“We have our own resident-run store, totally self-sustaining,” said Kaela Dickens. “We fuel the store through extreme couponing. Diapers are extremely tough to get, so this is why we’re doing the diaper drive.”
The diaper drive runs through December 15. If you’re interested in contributing, you can drop off diapers at the Oak Grove Assembly of God Church, located at 4740 Mohawk Drive in Roeland Park, Kan., or at the Water Stone Apartment Complex, located at 1100 County Line Road in Kansas City, Kan.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'