Judge: No More Kids for Father of 9 Until He Pays Child Support
RACINE, Wisc. — A judge has ordered a dead-beat Wisconsin dad to, in effect, keep it in his pants until he pays nearly $100,000 in back child support and interest.
According to the Racine Journal Times, Corey Curtis, 44, had fathered nine children with six different women, and owed around $50,000 in back child support and another $40,000 in interest. So Judge Tim Boyle sentenced Curtis to three years of probation for failure to pay – with the stipulation that he isn’t allowed to have any more children until he supports the ones he already has.
In October, Curtis pleaded no contest to felony bail jumping and misdemeanor failure to pay child support.
“It’s too bad the court doesn’t have the authority to sterilize,” said Judge Boyle. “Common sense dictates you shouldn’t have kids you can’t afford.”
The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled in 2001 that courts have the ability to put conditions regarding procreation in a probation sentence.
Curtis’s attorney declined to comment following the verdict, the Times-Journal reports.
- Police find the bodies of 7 deceased infants inside woman's home
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- Mother of 14-year-old killed in hate crime gives touching statement about her son and father
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- Man known to FBI, Frazier Cross Jr. suspected of hate crime murders of three people