Judge: No More Kids for Father of 9 Until He Pays Child Support
RACINE, Wisc. — A judge has ordered a dead-beat Wisconsin dad to, in effect, keep it in his pants until he pays nearly $100,000 in back child support and interest.
According to the Racine Journal Times, Corey Curtis, 44, had fathered nine children with six different women, and owed around $50,000 in back child support and another $40,000 in interest. So Judge Tim Boyle sentenced Curtis to three years of probation for failure to pay – with the stipulation that he isn’t allowed to have any more children until he supports the ones he already has.
In October, Curtis pleaded no contest to felony bail jumping and misdemeanor failure to pay child support.
“It’s too bad the court doesn’t have the authority to sterilize,” said Judge Boyle. “Common sense dictates you shouldn’t have kids you can’t afford.”
The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled in 2001 that courts have the ability to put conditions regarding procreation in a probation sentence.
Curtis’s attorney declined to comment following the verdict, the Times-Journal reports.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter