Woman Runs from FOX 4 Cameras at Apartment Complex Last Visited by Jovan Belcher
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — New developments continue to unfold in the Jovan Belcher murder-suicide.
On Tuesday, FOX 4 went to the apartment complex that Belcher visited hours before he shot and killed his live-in girlfriend, Kasandra ‘Kasi’ Perkins and himself.
On Saturday, just before 3 a.m., police said they found Belcher asleep in his Bentley outside the Hamilton Apartment complex, located in the 700 block of E. Armour Boulevard. After waking him up, police said Belcher told them he was waiting on his ‘girlfriend’ to return home. After making a phone call from his cell, police said a woman appeared at the apartment complex door and let Belcher inside.
On Tuesday, FOX 4′s Gia Vang visited the apartment complex and encountered a woman wearing a stocking cap and sunglasses who ran from our cameras. An employee and another tenant yelled at our crews to leave her alone.
The woman clearly did not want to talk, so it’s unclear what — if any — her involvement is to Jovan Belcher.
According to other published reports, the ‘girlfriend’ Belcher referred to on Saturday morning has hired an attorney and is not interested in making any public statements.
In another report, FOX 4′s John Pepitone detailed Belcher’s visit to the Hamilton Apartment complex hours before the fatal shootings on Saturday.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet