Wrong Way Driver Causes Fatal Crash on I-70
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A driver going the wrong way on I-70 Wednesday evening near State Line Road caused a fatal crash that killed another driver and himself.
In addition to driving the wrong way, the 66-year old man, identified as Otis Estell, was also driving without his lights on when he hit a Ford Escort, driven by William Jerdee, 47.
Jerdee was pronounced dead at the scene.
Estell was driving his 1993 Ford Explorer eastbound, in the westbound lanes at about 8 p.m. Wednesday night.
The fatal crash closed I-70 at the downtown loop and beyond.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'