Wrong Way Driver Causes Fatal Crash on I-70
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A driver going the wrong way on I-70 Wednesday evening near State Line Road caused a fatal crash that killed another driver and himself.
In addition to driving the wrong way, the 66-year old man, identified as Otis Estell, was also driving without his lights on when he hit a Ford Escort, driven by William Jerdee, 47.
Jerdee was pronounced dead at the scene.
Estell was driving his 1993 Ford Explorer eastbound, in the westbound lanes at about 8 p.m. Wednesday night.
The fatal crash closed I-70 at the downtown loop and beyond.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering