Hunters Find Two Bodies Believed to be Two Missing Iowa Girls
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Hunters discovered the remains of two bodies Wednesday believed to be the two girls who vanished while riding their bicycles five months ago in Iowa.
According to FOX News, authorities would not reveal where the bodies were located or if there were suspects in the girls’ disappearance.
The girls, Elizabeth Collins, 9, and Lyric Cook, 11, were cousins and were last seen July 13 near a lake in Evansdale, Iowa, about 110 miles northeast of Des Moines. Hours into the search, investigators located their bikes and a pink purse near the lake, but found no sign of the girls.
Black Hawk County Sherriff’s Captain Rick Abben said the bodies have been sent to the state medical examiner’s office to confirm their identities. Abben said the girls’ families have been notified and said they have asked for privacy.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave