Man Horrified After Woman Hands Him Trash Bag with Bloody Newborn Inside
PORTSMOUTH, Va. — A man says that he was left in shock after a woman handed him a garbage bag with a bloody baby inside as he stood outside of a Virginia hospital.
According to WTKR-TV, Justin Goldfarb was at a Portsmouth, Virginia, hospital on Saturday night to visit his girlfriend when — as he was walking up to the hospital door — he saw a woman getting out of a car and place a trash bag near the hospital’s entrance. He says that the woman then shouted at him.
“’Hey you, can you come here’, and I didn’t think she was talking to me, so I walked over there and she was like, ‘You need to take that bag inside,’” Goldfarb told WTKR. “She was nervous, she was scratching her arms and forearms, I guess she was kind of nervous.”
The woman then drove off, and soon hospital staff came for the bag, which — to their horror — was dripping blood. Inside was a newborn baby that was cold to the touch.
It’s an image that haunts Goldfarb.
“I dreamed about it a couple nights in a row and I hope I don’t dream about it tonight,” Goldfarb said. “I’m going to remember that when I’m old and in a wheelchair.”
The infant is now doing okay, and is being cared for by hospital staff.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident