Problem Solvers: Beware of Deceptive Mortgage Ads
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — It sounds good and it looks official – but beware.
That’s the advice from the Federal Trade Commission, which is cracking down on mortgage lenders relying on deceptive advertising to lure customers into bad deals.
FOX 4 Problem Solver Linda Wagar is Working for You with the report.
To learn more about shopping for mortgages, visit www.ftc.gov/credit and click on Mortgages & Real Estate. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has information about mortgages at www.consumerfinance.gov. The Federal Reserve Board also has several helpful publications and a mortgage comparison calculator at www.federalreserve.gov/consumers.htm.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter