Problem Solvers: Beware of Deceptive Mortgage Ads
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — It sounds good and it looks official – but beware.
That’s the advice from the Federal Trade Commission, which is cracking down on mortgage lenders relying on deceptive advertising to lure customers into bad deals.
FOX 4 Problem Solver Linda Wagar is Working for You with the report.
To learn more about shopping for mortgages, visit www.ftc.gov/credit and click on Mortgages & Real Estate. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has information about mortgages at www.consumerfinance.gov. The Federal Reserve Board also has several helpful publications and a mortgage comparison calculator at www.federalreserve.gov/consumers.htm.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss