Wisconsin H.S. Senior Collects and Sells Ugly Christmas Sweaters
WAUWATOSA, Wis. — An 18-year-old Wisconsin student has turned a sort-of obsession into a business.
When teenage boys spend a lot of time in the basement, mothers usually start to worry.
But not in this case.
Jack McCarthy started selling tacky Christmas sweaters three years ago, and he’s made a lot of money doing it.
“We sold it on ebay and it went for about 50 bucks and we were surprised that sweaters would have that kind of market,” he said.
Inspired, Jack built up a stockpile by going to flea markets, thrift stores and yard sales in six different states.
Now he has so many sweaters, he has started a website and sells about 40 sweaters a day. Click here for ultimateuglychristmas.com.
Jack will soon graduate from high school in Wisconsin.
- Police find the bodies of 7 deceased infants inside woman's home
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- Mother of 14-year-old killed in hate crime gives touching statement about her son and father
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- Man known to FBI, Frazier Cross Jr. suspected of hate crime murders of three people