Wisconsin H.S. Senior Collects and Sells Ugly Christmas Sweaters
WAUWATOSA, Wis. — An 18-year-old Wisconsin student has turned a sort-of obsession into a business.
When teenage boys spend a lot of time in the basement, mothers usually start to worry.
But not in this case.
Jack McCarthy started selling tacky Christmas sweaters three years ago, and he’s made a lot of money doing it.
“We sold it on ebay and it went for about 50 bucks and we were surprised that sweaters would have that kind of market,” he said.
Inspired, Jack built up a stockpile by going to flea markets, thrift stores and yard sales in six different states.
Now he has so many sweaters, he has started a website and sells about 40 sweaters a day. Click here for ultimateuglychristmas.com.
Jack will soon graduate from high school in Wisconsin.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet