Police Release Dash Cam Video Response to Jovan Belcher Incidents
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Missouri Police released dash cam video regarding two incidents involving Jovan Belcher on Saturday, Dec. 1 — the day Belcher shot and killed Kasandra Kasi Perkins and then himself.
There have been questions raised about whether alcohol may have played a role in Belcher’s violence — and if it could have been prevented.
Federal agent Michael Tabman has been following the case and was — like everyone — curious about the events that led up to Belcher’s actions. On Friday, police released dash cam video of their first encounter with Belcher at the Highland Apartment complex in the 700 block of E. Armour Blvd. Someone called police to report a suspicious person in a vehicle outside the building. That person turned out to be Jovan Belcher. Read more about that incident here.
After reviewing police dash cam video of the encounter at the apartment complex, Tabman said officers did their job by the book and believes whatever made Belcher snap happened well after his encounter with Kansas City police.
See dash cam of police’s response to Arrowhead Stadium where Belcher went after shooting and killing Perkins.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'