Teen on Skateboard Seriously Injured After Collision with Car
OLATHE, Kan. — A 16-year-old boy was seriously injured while riding his skateboard Saturday afternoon near 154th Terrace and Blackfeather Drive.
Police say it appears the boy struck the driver’s side of a car that was traveling southbound on Blackfeather Drive at about 1:25 p.m.
The boy was taken to Children’s Mercy Hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the car, described as an adult male, was not injured.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store