Woman Found, Suspect Arrested in Sunday’s Alleged Kidnapping
KANSAS CITY, Mo – Kansas City Police arrested a man Sunday night suspected of kidnapping his ex-girlfriend early Sunday morning.
Police say they took David E. Morgan into custody at about 8 p.m., and he did not resist.
Morgan is suspected of kidnapping his ex-girlfriend, Jaqui Vanbebber, who was also located on Sunday night and was reportedly unharmed.
Police say it appears Morgan released Vanbebber on his own.
Officers responded to the reported kidnapping at 4 a.m. at the 8100 block of North Main. They say that Morgan fought with another man in the residence and forced Vanbebber to leave with him.
Police continue to investigate the incident as a kidnapping.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss