Woman Found, Suspect Arrested in Sunday’s Alleged Kidnapping
KANSAS CITY, Mo – Kansas City Police arrested a man Sunday night suspected of kidnapping his ex-girlfriend early Sunday morning.
Police say they took David E. Morgan into custody at about 8 p.m., and he did not resist.
Morgan is suspected of kidnapping his ex-girlfriend, Jaqui Vanbebber, who was also located on Sunday night and was reportedly unharmed.
Police say it appears Morgan released Vanbebber on his own.
Officers responded to the reported kidnapping at 4 a.m. at the 8100 block of North Main. They say that Morgan fought with another man in the residence and forced Vanbebber to leave with him.
Police continue to investigate the incident as a kidnapping.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'